CBD is one of the hottest topics in the wellness world right now. Chances are, you’ve seen it advertised in your local health food store or mentioned by your grandmother. But what exactly is it and what does it do? Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about this popular wellness trend.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD can be derived from hemp or cannabis.
Is CBD a drug?
CBD, or cannabidiol, has proven to be a unique and powerful substance. It has been studied extensively throughout the years and is becoming more widely accepted as a safe alternative to conventional drugs. Though not officially classified by the FDA as a drug, products are sold in many places worldwide but with its own regulated category due to its growing popularity. Considering its therapeutic effects without any toxicity or serious side effects, it can be argued that CBD could very well become an essential alternative to traditional drugs in the future.
How Does CBD Work?
What is CBD Oil good for?
10 benefits of CBD
- CBD can help support your immune system, helping you fight viruses
- Pain Relief: Pain is one of the main reasons people turn to products. Studies have shown that CBD can help with various types of pain, ranging from arthritis and fibromyalgia to migraines and post-operative pain. This is largely due to its anti-inflammatory properties which work to reduce inflammation in the body and provide relief from pain.
- Anxiety and Stress Relief: Another common use is reducing stress and anxiety levels. Studies suggest that it helps to regulate serotonin levels which play a role in our overall moods. Additionally, it may help us cope with difficult situations by calming our nerves and providing clarity when we need it most.
- Better Sleep Quality: Physical and mental strain can lead to issues sleeping, but CBD oil may help address this problem by regulating hormones like cortisol (also known as the “stress hormone”) which stimulates alertness and wakefulness during the day while promoting relaxation at night so you can rest more soundly.
- Improved Heart Health: Recent research suggests that taking CBD could also be beneficial for heart health by lowering blood pressure, reducing cholesterol levels, helping your arteries function better and providing antioxidant protection against free radicals that harm cells within our bodies over time.
- Neuroprotection: Not only can taking CBD benefit your physical health but it can also protect your brain against age-related deterioration by boosting neuron growth within the brain’s hippocampus region which handles memory formation, learning abilities, and decision-making skills.
- Aids Digestion: Struggling with digestion problems? CBD may be able to help; its anti-inflammatory properties work not just on our muscles but also on digestive organs such as the liver where it acts as an antioxidant that helps reduce oxidative damage.
- Skin Benefits: If you struggle with skin irritations or conditions such as eczema or psoriasis then you might want to look into using topical creams containing CBD oil as they can help reduce redness, swelling and itching caused by these conditions due to their anti-inflammatory effects.
- Appetite Stimulation: People who are having difficulty eating due to medical treatments like chemotherapy may find relief through taking CBD as it stimulates appetite, giving them an extra boost when they need it most .
- 10 Increased Energy Levels: Taking a daily dose of CBD could also potentially increase energy levels thanks to its ability to regulate dopamine receptors – otherwise known as the “reward centres” – in our brains that trigger increased energy output when activated.
How Do I Use CBD?
What dose of CBD to use?
Need more details on dosage? Try our dosage calculator
Which CBD products should I use?
With so many CBD products on the market, it can be tricky to know which one is right for you for your specific conditions. If you have anxiety, an Anxiety pen may be suitable, if you are vegan, vegan gummies and so on
However, there are a few factors that can help you narrow down your choices. First, consider what kind of product you want to use. There are oils, tinctures, creams, and edibles, among other options. Once you’ve decided on the general category of a product, you can start to look at specific brands and formulas. For example, if you’re interested in using oil, you might choose between a full-spectrum oil and an isolate. Full-spectrum oils contain all of the compounds found in the hemp plant, while isolates contain only CBD. You’ll also want to think about the strength or dosage of the product. Start with a lower dose and increase as needed until you find the amount that works best for you. With a little research, you can find the perfect product for your needs. Anxiety pen
Is CBD addictive?
One key question that often arises relates to its potential for addiction, The answer may surprise you – medical research has continually shown that CBD is not addictive. A study conducted in 2017 demonstrated that even high doses of up to 1500mg/day of CBD did not lead to any risks for physical dependence or abuse. Naturally, as with any substance, it is always important to start slow and increase dosage gradually over time if needed. With greater knowledge of CBD’s lack of addiction potential and numerous therapeutic benefits, more and more people are looking to add this amazing compound to their daily health regimen!
Using CBD has been proven to help with a number of ailments and conditions. So, if you’re looking for an all-natural way to improve your health or just want something different from the common treatments available today then this might be worth considering!